Pond fish spawning

imsweet

Went out to feed the fish this morning and .......HELLO. :D For some reason they have spawned into the one plant that floats on the surface. So most of the eggs have settled on the bottom?? I have moved the plant into my tank in the shed with an airstone to see what comes about. I was also thinking about all those eggs on the floor. I got a plastic (library) card and my net and scraped the floor then scooped them all up. I just have these in an icecream container and an airstone (just in case the scraping of them has damaged themin any way) I tried making plastic spawning mats and floating mops last year but they didnt go anywhere near them. Anything else i can try??

Yes they winter in the ponds, I kept them in one together but just dont feed them until they start to get active again. I have seperated the sexes now tho and theyre in one each. I guess they'll be about 250-300ltr? Kinda like a bath shape. I have made shade cloth and netting covers to go over the tops too as the pollen from some of our trees gets in and fouls the water.