Bolivian RAM BREEDING

hevalump

Are there any water conditions or special diets or such which I could use to encourage them to breed? Would they breed in my large tank with other fish or would they require their own tank (limited space so would prefer to keep them in the tank they are in) and are they agressive in protecting their nest? (which would be benefical if they were to keep the other curious fish away) They are in with a small Geophagus (which the male who is smaller dominates) , pleco, gorami and mr eel (hes a small dude.... around 15cm) watching the male ram (who has coloured up amazingly since i have introduced the girly) charging the startled geophagus to keep him away from his female (like the geophagus would even be interested :roll: ) is a real crack up. Definately is strutting around the tank now days. He looked like he was going to explode with excitement when we introduced her, all his fins sticking out and flaring colours...