Would this filter be good for my tank??

cichlid7

I think i can post this link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 468356.htm

Would 2 of these be ok for a 500L tank

Has anyone used them before if so what do you think of them

or would the be a better filter i could use for around the same cost??

i am in no rush to get the filter but just trying go get thing sorted out.

Thanks

It depends on how heavily stocked your tank is I guess. At best you would have 2000LPH, which would be turning your tank over 4x an hour. Realistically tho, you'll have the canisters sitting underneath the tank, so with a ~1M head I'm guessing the flow will be reduced quite a bit.

If that person is importing those filters I think they legally have to supply parts for them.

Personally before buying one id do a search around the internet to see if they are better than a CF1200 if they are the best in the european market then there will be heaps of guff and reviews etc on them :)

I have one

Mine had a part break and they sent me a new part for free

Iv had to modify to shop it breaking again

I find mine quite noisy and cant make it go quiet

Both my heaters from them over heated, one went red hot and looked burnt inside, but they only replaced one :(

I wouldnt buy one again

Do we have to go through this again? Cannister filters do not have any static head! The only resistance they have to work against is friction in the pipes and media!

Sorry for not being an expert in canister filters. I must have missed that discussion as I hate canisters and wouldn't bother using them on anything over 200L. :roll:

Either way, by the time it clogs up a bit because you haven't cleaned it for a while you won't be getting maximum flow, so will have less than 4x turn over.

If that person is importing those filters I think they legally have to supply parts for them.

Yes, legally they have to, but your options when they dont have them are limited to either getting angry at them for not following the law, or complaining to places that will tell them that they are being naughty and to please get the parts, - meanwhile you have wasted more then the filter is worth of your time and have an unfiltered tanks.

I wouldnt be risking it, the CF1200's have proven themselves, and the price difference is one meal at wendys, so not worth the risk IMO.