Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to 'cook'

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

I'm about to get some live rock, and I'm going to 'cook' it till January 08, when I set up the tank. I'm getting the rock now because I got a super sweet deal on it.

Anyway just wondering what do I need to have running in the tank for it to cook? e.g. powerhead, filter, skimmer, heater??

Cheers

Anyway just wondering what do I need to have running in the tank for it to cook? e.g. powerhead, filter, skimmer, heater??

Cheers

Yes run all that. Lots of circulation, the heater will speed up bacterial lifecycle, and skimmer keep the water clean. As you are trying to clean the rock you don't want the water getting too dirty it will re-pollute the rock. Also syphon out the sandy type crud that comes out of the rock, it is loaded with phosphate and best removed from the system. The crud coming out of the rock can encourage algae growth, if this happens keep things dark. Also keep good aeration, if there is a lack of oxygen the rock can turn black in the anaerobic bits. Which doesn't matter a whole lot other than it is preventing the rock cycling as good as it could.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.