Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When to put her in?

Featured Replies

Hi guys

I was hoping you could help me with something. This is the first time I've had a platy get pregnant while in my tank (all the other times they were already pregnant when I bought them from the shop) Anyway, I have a platy who had babies 23 days ago, and is pregnant again! (Can see the wee eyes in her belly) I was just wondering when to put her in the breeder trap???? What's the time period between getting pregnant & having the babies? I don't want to put her in the trap too early, although shes been in there before and was fine, but that was only for 3 days.

They can breed every 4 - 6 weeks. Not sure what time to put her in the trap though as too soon and she may abort and too late - same thing :roll: . I never used the traps.

I dont use traps. I think its unneeded work

I just leave them in my 40l tanks with a few plants such as java moss.

My platties are med-large and they are not eating the young yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.