Feeding Advice for Aus Water Dragon

ZRam

Can anyone advise me if there are any insects that I can feed my Dragon form my back yard?

I can find many centipedes’, black beetles, slaters, spiders and moths but are unsure if any of these are safe to feed… I know I can buy live food but would like to know if there are any insects from a CHCH back yard would be ok. Cheers.

I would say go for gold but keep the size down to what you know he/she can handle easily.I would use discretion with some of the spiders but there are plenty of things that you can offer safley,grass grub beetles which come out late october/november are plentiful and eagerly eaten by most of my critters,katy dids,praying mantis,moths ,earwigs ,slaters.I actually try not to spend any money buying bugs if I can help it.

Interesting to hear you two recommend feeding wild caught insects. I've been advised against it by many people as you run the risk of introducing parasites and all sorts of things. Plus the nutritional content won't be as high as captive bred insects that have been fed a good diet.