Bump Growing on Side of WCMM

Janelle

I have a White Cloud Mountain Minnow who looked and acted perfectly healthy except for a small bump on his side. Over the period of about a week I watched the bump grow to some considerable size, and afraid that it was something that would burst out and infect my whole tank, I have removed him for quarantine. Now he is alone he has washed out and won't eat, and he looks quite sick. I'm afraid that just the act of quarantining him will make him more susceptible to... whatever it is that's growing on his side, but I'm even more afraid it might spread to my other fish.

What do you think it might be? There is no surface marking, it looks like it's beneath his skin, actually inside him, like a tumour that's pushing outwards. He was acting perfectly healthy until I separated him. It's sort of on his upper left side in the middle of his body. Do I have a parasite or could it be something else?

No idea what it is but I would prefer to sacrifice the one for the sake of the rest. It may or may not be something that will burst and spread disease but better not to take the risk. It is possible he would have paled and gone off his food as the next step of whatever is ailing him anyway and not as a result of being moved.

Except for being washed-out looking, and the weird bump, he is fine. He is still eating food I put in for him and trying his darndest to swim through the sides of the container. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens to the bump.

strange i have had just the same thing happen to my female ram. Noticed a small lump near her mouth around 1mm diameter, quarantined her last week and the lump has grown, it is now around 2-3mm in diameter and looks tumour like. when she opens her mouth i can see the lump on the inside of her mouth also. Otherwise appears fine and is still eating and active, until it disappears im keeping her quarantined.