Dogs Red Sea Max build

dogmatix

Set up one of these today, adding rock tomorrow and then some pics :D

everything went smothely except the power heads wouldnt work properly so i pulled them aprart again and again and again and then realised i hadnt taken the carbon out of the bag and that it was floating into the inlets of the powerhead :D

your gona what? geko who? man im sure there is something very strange in the auckland air tonight, your comming up with crazy ideas........ oh wait, it might be something in hamilton's air. sniff sniff sniff, nope defenatly auckland.

so are we going to get some photos of this new red sea tank or will we have to take your word for it? or i could try to make time to come see you sunday, will you be around at say about, hmmmm some where between 8am and say 10ish.......pm that is.

ohh yeah, snapped! you are so right, i even say good night to it! Sunday is going to be hectic but i will try to get out to see you, if not then i could make a special trip (hmm, that would mean i get to drive her again)

so your drive way is sorted out now? that must make keeping the cars clean easier for you.

Good to see you are doing this Dogmatrix, they are an attractive tank and it will be interesting to see how you develop it.

Also since a lot of new people are interested to set one of these up, your own experience will be a good help to them. :D

Put in 12 kg of live rock i think depending on the rock densisty and what kind of structure your after 12-20 Kgs MAX would do the job nicely, added a few dying corals from the cascade at work and they are picking up nicely :o :lol: There is a HUGE amount of bubbles (nice and small too) in the skimmer chamber but not really any worthy skimmate yet. Will put up pics early next week oh and added a Monti folliosa frag in there aswell to see how the sps handle the red sea max

IMG_1811.jpg

Still alot of work to be done, but the stock i put in last week is really happy, the gorgonian just went in today as did the xenia and a couple of other pieces, pic was taken as soon as the stock went in :D so i will try and get another pic in a day or two. You can actually see the skimmer chamber through the back pane of glass. So far im very impressed with the whole system