Vomo Island - FIJI

cracker

I thought you guys may want to see a few shots of the reefs in Vomo Island in the Yasawa group in Fiji.

Mainly Hard stony corals with a handful of xenia and the likes. HUGE Acropora colonies are rampant with incredible varieties of fish species.

These Reefs absolutely blew me away compared with anything off the mainland!

There are actually fish in these photos but they are 2 small to see.

Fish:

Huge Moorish Idols, Clown Tangs, Black Tangs, Triggers, Damsels and also small gobies and the likes.

This is a must see experience.

Enjoy the pics!

(this was only a throw away underwater camera but did the trick)!!

You could move at 3 knots for 20 hours and you would see the same amzing stuff endlessly. I even saw beautiful gorgonians hanging off the reef edges. There is enough coral on this reef to fulfill any aquarists dreams and I bet it would still grow quicker than you could remove it. It has shown me that hobbyists supplies really arent that bad in regards to the shear unimaginable size of the reefs in JUST FIJI alone...There would be a million football fields full of this in fiji....

vomo3Large.jpg

Nah, they are really good for a disposable. The problem with mine is that red is the first colour to be lost as you get deeper and I didn't have a special flash/stobe to bring out the true colours. The advantage to snorkel is you get the full spectrum! If you look at mine, the corals all look kinda greyish, but they were unbelievably colourful in real life. I didn't end up doing any snorkelling cos the cold winds put me off :evil:

Nah, they are really good for a disposable. The problem with mine is that red is the first colour to be lost as you get deeper and I didn't have a special flash/stobe to bring out the true colours. The advantage to snorkel is you get the full spectrum! If you look at mine, the corals all look kinda greyish, but they were unbelievably colourful in real life. I didn't end up doing any snorkelling cos the cold winds put me off :evil:

Yeah, they start to get grey blue at anything deeper than about 15 or 20 feet.

Once again, awesome Cracker! Well if I can get the time and the money, looks like Vomo will be the prefered destination.

BTW thanks for the goodies some has already been used :D , and all the best for the new life in Blenheim and success in the business! :D