Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breeder tank ideas

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

Can someone help me with ideas on how to set up my old 15ltr tank so that I can use it to put my pregnant platys in before they give birth. I would really like to save the fry. It's set up with heater, gravel & pump, but no plants or fish. I've heard that CoryDoras wont eat the fry, is this true? What fish/plants can I put in there with them that wont pose a threat to the babies? Look forward to your thoughts.

for livebearer fry, i have found java moss on the bottom and indian fern floating are the best plants.

corys won't eat the fry so are ok. bristlenoses are better as they will clean the tank.

Hi Tsarmina, thanks for the quick response. I'm thinking Panda CoryDoras & ottos, as they stay small & I already have some in my community tank & they're fine. What do you think? Where's the best place to get the Java moss & Indian Fern?? I'm on a tight budget. . . . I'm only 13!

do you get over to this side of the hill at all??

if you do i can give you some to get you started :)

the cories will be fine, but i haven't had any otto's. so i don't know the answer to that one :)

Thanks thats very kind of you. I'll pm you if we're heading over your way any time soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.