want to make sure i'm doing this right

stargazer

I just got a bristlenose he's about 8cm long, and 1 pleco. I have driftwood in the tank so they can hide and have a nibble, the bn don't seem to want to hide. At the present time there still is enough alge for a couple of days. after that I got algea wafers for them. Is there anything else I need to do or need to know? :o

Sounds good.. both will eat the algae wafers.

But try some fresh veges as well, zuchini, cucumber and mushrooms seem to be favourites. You will need something to weight them down, but a rubber band and a rock will work. Just drop a piece in, leave it overnight and take out what they dont eat the next day.

Cheers

Ian

I usually drop in a piece of courgette, leave it overnight and take it out the next morning.

Does anyone know how to keep them fresh? We never eat courgettes but when we buy one for the catfish, it won't last until the courgette is finished.

I tried cutting it into pieces and freezing them, but when I take it out it goes way too soft after its thawed.