Buying Malawis?

Kezza

Anyone out there know the best place(s) to track down Africans in the Auckland area?.....Hollywood Fish Farm was great and seemed to have a reasonable variety....where else might I look?

any breeders on here with species for sale that will be ok with:

Yellows, demasoni and socolofi (all juveniles)

300lt tank

thanks in advance,

There are a few african breeders up there (and on here) im sure they will contact you with what they have available.

Personally I don't like buying from shops although some of the Auckland shops were ok when we were up there, most people in shops dont know much about Africans and do stupid things like mix female peacocks and encourage people to buy any peacock female to breed their own fish :roll: Your pretty lucky to live in Auckland where there are alot of breeders keep an eye on private trade and exchange on here there are a few recent posts with africans for sale..

Hey FireNzenz.....that one was on a dirty old sliced up jack mackerel in barely 2ms of water last winter....

this one was on a soft bait mind you... :wink:

kp_snap1.jpg

I've been wondering if there is a cross over between fish keepers and you common garden variety fisho or if never the twain shall meet...I know Barrie from these forums if a mad keen fisho and most fishos I know like aquariums mainly because it's a glimpse of a world ya don't get to see much when sitting around in boats drinking beer.

Our TV Show (The ITM Fishing Show - TV ONE, Saturday Afternoons) focuses and has a large component of underwater imagery for just that purpose.....anyhoo...enough from me!

(NB to self: this is NOT a fishing forum!!!)

thanks for the heads up on the store mate......all news and exciting I'm afraid, there is bound to be lots of silly questions.

Jansens Mt Eden is always worth a look as well. Pretty knowledgeable and usually have a decent supply. Like previously mentioned though, there are a few good people up there that always seem to have Malawi's for sale.