cost of 100l setup?

Slightly Blue Dalmation

Many ways to do it at various prices, but to do it right you are looking at a base of $2,000, and upwards from there.

Just a tip, because of economies of scale and equipment, it may not cost much more to do a 200 litre than a 100 litre. The same skimmer will probably do the job if it's a quality one ( which it should be ), all you need is more lighting.

Buying an existing second hand one on Trade Me can be a cheaper option, they never sell for anything near what the seller spent to set them up. One plan is to keep an eye on Trade Me, and when you see something suitable ask on here peoples opinions on it.

I would say about $2000 would be a good start,

Cheap systems just dont do justice to the livestock long term as Marine livestock is not a desposable item.

I would not get a tank smaller than say 200L as a slight change in water quality could be fatal.

here is a base price

heater $30

protein skimmer $500

rock $100

salt $50

lights $300

test kits $120

fish food $30

timers $30

coral sand $50

powerhead for water movement $100

fish $200

corals $800

temp $15

salinity meter $100 for a good one.

tank /stand ???

I would say about $2000 would be a good start,

Cheap systems just dont do justice to the livestock long term as Marine livestock is not a desposable item.

I would not get a tank smaller than say 200L as a slight change in water quality could be fatal.

here is a base price

heater $30

protein skimmer $500

rock $100

salt $50

lights $300

test kits $120

fish food $30

timers $30

coral sand $50

powerhead for water movement $100

fish $200

corals $800

temp $15

salinity meter $100 for a good one.

tank /stand ???

I believe there are a couple of things you left off that list, one is a RODI unit, not sure but somewhere around $400.00, and some kind of ca/alk dosing set up, $50.00 for basic time consuming system, or up to $1,500.00 or so for quality set & forget version.

The RODI unit is something that people almost never factor in, as they can do without one for a time and it SEEMS like they are getting away with it, that is until their tank turns green. But after a skimmer, IMO it is one of the most important things someone should get for their tank, and I've seen so many sob stories about tanks turning to crap the owner does not understand why, then it turns out they are using tap water, or carbon filtered water.