Leopardfish (Phalloceros caudimaculatus) Temp Range

Dixon1990

Hey Dixon :) I'm going to be doing the same thing with the leopordfish I'm buying from Wilson. I spent a bit extra and bought a Jaeger heater. The minimum setting on that is 18 C. as opposed to others that start at 20C. I'm planning on keeping it 'cool' but warm enough for a borneo sucker. So will probably set mine to about 20 :)

I don't know if guppies can breed with leopardfish, but...If you bought the female guppies from a pet shop and they haven't spent their whole lives seperated from males they were probably already knocked up when you got them.

if you want to keep it cold water and you olny want bn to eat algae you could try Borno suckers

Borneo suckers don't eat algae, so I don't know why you'd suggest them as a replacement for algae eaters.

the guppies were born in my tank and were devided into males and females at 2 weeks old

Borneo suckers don't eat algae, so I don't know why you'd suggest them as a replacement for algae eaters.

from what ive seen they do like to eat some algae but there not as efective as the bn

from what ive seen they do like to eat some algae but there not as efective as the bn

From what I've seen of my flatmate's BN, they're not at all effective at controlling algae. Maybe because they are large now and are used to being fed so don't even bother with yucky algae. However, my two borneo suckers go all over the tank scraping away at whatever it is they eat that grows where the algae does, and in the process the algae also disappears (in cute little circular footprints). I think they're actually pretty good at controlling algae on the glass, but you have to have good water quality and oxygen content to keep them.