Top Posters In This Topic

I have:

3 bristlenose (1f, 2m) & 5 juveniles

3 bronze corys (1f, 1m) & 1 juvenile

6 peppered corys

1 albino cory

2 Juli corys

1 pleco

I would love to buy some whiptails off you Rob, if thats sweet. Will hopefully be going to Hamilton in the next month or two so maybe I could pick some up then. Will talk to you more about it closer to time. Thats if you have any left by then.

(a) does someone have a list of what catfish are allowable imports into New Zealand.

(b)cichlids rule,a few questions;

I take it then you dont shop at :wink: "Aquarium Warehouse." :lol:

Is there also a site in Aussie about warning others on dyed fish.....???

& finally do you go onto the qld cichlid forum??

Frenchy :D

Rob said...

> Yes I'm prepared to sell some whiptails ... Probably look at

> $10 each or 2 for $15 ...

I'd be keen for 6 at that price. Dr. Lenny and family (and Richard et al) are supposed to be coming to see me in 4 weeks or so (you should

come too!) could you put some aside and send them down? Happy to

send you a cheque beforehand.

Anything else I might want? :)

We could probably work something out for Andyman98 too if

he only needed to get them as far as here.

Andrew.

@northland Chic - let me know closer to the time and we can arrange a visit and sort out some young whiptails for you.

@andyman98 - talk with ajbroome about what can be sorted out, I'd be happy to send some whiptails down for you with Len and Richard when they visit Andrew.

@ajbroome - putting some aside for you shouldn't be a problem (I'm always suprised by how many of them there are in the tank - I started off with 80, I've sold some and there have been minimal obvious losses - when I pick up the rocks/wood in the tank it rains whiptails).

The ones that have been breeding are 10-12cm long (not including whips), my breeders haven't got their full growth yet as their parents were 15-20cm long. The ones that I'm breeding from are ones that I've raised from eggs - got given the eggs by another club member to see if I could get anything to hatch.

The young for sale are about the 6cm mark (again not including whips).

They're cave spawners and lay lime green eggs that hatch after ~12-14 days. As soon as the fry hatch they leave the nest (unlike bristlenoses where they'd stay with their father for a little while after hatching).

@ajbroome - yes Andrew there are probably other things that you'd be interested in but nothing that I'm prepared to part with.

@andyman98 - for those of us who are a little out of touch with the school system - what date range is the first week of school holidays

Rob said...

> ... putting some aside for you shouldn't be a problem

Excellent. If you can hang onto 6, I'll get Len or Richard to pick them up at a time that is convenient to all (closer the end of the month, they're supposed to be heading down here on the 2nd I think). You want money now or upon collection?

> ... there are probably other things that you'd be interested in

I'm sure you're right.

> ... but nothing that I'm prepared to part with.

Which is, of course, what I meant. :)

Andrew.

andyman98 said...

> ... i'm heading up about the 9th of april

If you organise paying Rob for them and can pick them up from me then I'm sure my friends won't mind acting as couriers.

> ... if i came up....

I don't like the sound of the 'if'...

> ... would i be able to look at your fish ...

Of course. People are welcome anytime, given a bit of advance warning so I can be sure I'm home and not frantically busy with something else.

> ... do you have any fish that you would sell.

Might be able to find you some Fundulopanchax gardneri, Aphyosemion scheeli, Angels or perhaps some WCMMs and/or Leopard fish depending on how things are going at the time.

Andrew.

(b)cichlids rule,a few questions;

I take it then you dont shop at "Aquarium Warehouse."

No I don't sorry

Is there also a site in Aussie about warning others on dyed fish.....???

No Australian site I know of. Check out Death by Dyeing.org it is a good site about dyed fish.

& finally do you go onto the qld cichlid forum??

No, what is it (I would like to have a look at it)

Hi,

@Herefishiefishie

Man, $250 at wholesale! Thats ashame, they're one of my favorite fish. Nice to hear about your Bristle Noses.

Anyway, I finaly managed to get some pic's on the internet :D .

http://fff.corydorasworld.com/gallery/CatBrat

I put some pictures of my so called 'Feather Fin' up (sorry about the awful pic's, but it is very timid). What do you guys think it is? I thougt it looked a bit like the Syno sp. (5) on Planet Catfish. I also put a question up in the Planet Catfish forum so hopfully they may know a bit on them.

Cheers, CatBrat.

@ CatBrat - I haven't seen synos with those markings before (talking about your mystery syno - not the Angelicus). As suggested on Planet Catfish I'd wait for it to grow some more to see how the patterning changes (possibly it's juvenile colouring for something - not sure what though).

I'm almost 100% sure that they are not Upside Down Synos. The photos are the ones of the syno in the tank with no substrate. One guy on Planet Catfish said that it could be a a young of a number of species.

Catfish_Dude, are you sure that your synos are Upside Down synos. If they look like mine they may not be. Just a thought.

Rob, I have seen these in Tropicl Blues (in Tirau), and the Jansens (in Silverdale, Hibiscus Coast). They may be in other shops too, but haven't been to any in the last coupl of weeks. They were labled as Faether Fins in both shops, also there nocturnal colouration is almost black. I will try to get some better pics.

Cheers, CatBrat.