August Christchurch Totally Tanked meeting

Loopy

If people forget about Scalares place I'll be home with the kids.

I may beable to do GOOD prices for tanks stands. Where I work does tables so I may beable to sneak the stands in :-) Zinc plated and powder coated in the colour of choice.

Mr L

My tank is usually at 20-21 on the far side of the tank from the heater.

It only goes down to 19 when I do a water change.

I suspect it will get warmer naturally as summer approaches and the weather gets warmer.

If nobody else picks up the platies, I would be happy to take them off your hands. I'll bring money just in case. Just want a little bit of colour other than my greedy gutsy goldfish.

Anyone in the market for a small(ish) shubunkin? :P

That would be great, thanks. If the danios do very badly I will ask my flatmate if I can put them in one of his tropical tanks temporarily until I find a new owner.

I'm starting to think seriously about selling Edward Elric, my shubunkin. He is getting fat gutsing down the tablets and pellets I feed the corys as soon as they get small enough for him to swallow, as well as getting to all the flakes faster than some of the white clouds. He was my first fish in that tank so I don't *really* want him to go anywhere, but at this rate he will explode soon!

Hope all you lot are enjoying you night at Marcell's while I'm here at home stuck with the rug/tank rats. I can't even look at the Takashi book I bought today as I think it's gone to the TT meeting.

Mr L

Yay, it was a good meeting. With all the fish I brought home my tank has become very busy all of a sudden. Even though the heater doesn't seem to be keeping up and the tank is still at about 20C, the platys and pearl danios are still very active and so far they are doing okay. Also, my new floating fern has taken to one of my other plants and keeps grabbing onto it every time I re-float it. Very exciting stuff, but I think I may be done for now or I'll be overstocked.

Thanks everyone. =)

Thanks for having us Scalare!

What time did you guys finish up just out of curiosity? Would be good to have an idea how long you usually meet for so I can make better arrangements next time :-?

Was nice meeting you. :P

ps: Wilson your fish are all doing fine in my new tank! Still too busy checking it out to bother coming up for food though but they're nibbling on some of the finer plants and I think they're catching some of the flake that I leave on the top after I turn the filter back on! It's funny though they are completely spread out all over the tank doing their own thing! And lucky for me I suspect 4 of your WCMM are female which will be great once I add mine I have 3M 1F and the F gets harassed!