IS MY TANK READY

hevalump

Heh heh, me again, hope im not annoying you people with my constant stream of questions. :D Any way, I have a eel on hold at the shop and am wondering whether my tank is ready enough for him. The tank is 3 weeks old and we cycled it for a week with "Cycle" then added 10 rasboras...... my that stage we had a soft clear fuzzy growth on the walls of the tank, and added a butterfly ram and a pleco..... then a dwarf gorami and a pearl gorami. They all have been in there a week and have been eating, swimming and behaving normally. I havent observed any "stress" signals in the fish (oh, apart from when i did my water change and scared the gorami a bit...) I intend to test my levels before he goes in, and my PH has been stable on neutral most the time apart from the odd deviation by 0.2 upwards when i have added something new to the tank. Would you agree that my tank will be ok for this eel? I know there will be a few people who would of said i should of kept my tank with only a few fish for a while, and i guess i have been impatient yet careful monitoring my fish for signs of distress....... what would you say :)

Tank is a aqua one 680 (or was it a 620...) anyway its around 80L, i am going to take water sample into hollywood fish farm where the eel is and they will check it for me.... im pretty sure im in the clear but rather safe than sorry.. killing a pricey eel wouldnt go down to well :o

The tank seems pretty empty with what fish are in there!! The rasboras are about 2cm, the ram 3cm, the goramis both about 5cm and the pleco 7cm so i would have to say that you really have to look for a fish in the tank!!

Have you looked up to see how big these fish get?