Jebo filters keep stopping, anyone else had this prob?

Insect Direct

Ive got a jebo 810 & 819 and both go for about 20seconds then turn off, checked impellers (or magnet motor thingy lol) and one is stuffed but 1 seems ok and yet it still stops/cuts out?

Both filters been used on turtles tanks in the past so been well used i suppose!

Anyone had this problem & replaced the impeller things inside the motor and did this fix the prob?

Bk- cheers yea i love boxers theyr characters alright, Cant wait 2 get a bitch!

Swt maybe worth replacing the impellers after all, cheers!

Wok- yea I use eheim and or fluval if the budget allows it but im not complaing i was basically given these a while back and the big 1 did work well 4 a while but sucking up sand cant of helped them lol hopefully i havent damaged the impeller housing to seriously (lesson learnt)

Are you getting a "rattling" sound at all....MY 805 started that a while back and would stop pumping water, removing the motor showed that it was "dry pumping" and the impellor was not submersed at all...meaning the magnet got hot - the result was a dodgey (but not destroyed) impellor that needs replacing.

Only just recieved news that a replacement impellor has been found (hoping that is the issue) yet to pick it up and find out if that is the issue...

Luckily I had an old internal filter sitting spare that I could use as a temporary in the mean-time......seems no-one in chch stocks much in the way of impellors!

Chrismack

Yep theyre very loud theres no way i want it near my bedroom or in the lounge etc.

Once you get the new impeller please let me know if it works for a start and if it becomes quite again would be even better :lol: , Ive still got to look into the replacement of the impellers!

when the 819 first crapped out i just got a cosmo pump and stuck tht on the intake and that worked well which was fine on the turtle pond outside but not the nicest look in a fish tank inside etc!