Peppermint catties

herefishiefishie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frenchy - saw your lonesome post - I suspect the lack of responses is that no one over this side of the ditch has had experience with these fish. If you could post some over for me I'll have a play with them and report back to you :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You shouldn't have trouble getting peppermints in NZ, there are no import restrictions to overcome. Just ask you local importer/LFS and you will no doubt get then a lot cheaper than over here.

As for comming to Australia for catfish ???? Get Out !!!! You have access to all those marvelous pleco and whips and things over there that are denied us here.

I recently spent AU$3,000 on some albino bristle nose. There are only 4 survivors so that makes $750 ea :( and only 3cm SL. You can get them for a few bucks ea in NZ.

PS. They may not becalled peppermints by the overseas suppliers. Snow flakes or starlights more like it.... Why we call them peppermints here I'm buggered if I know.

Alan

Unfortunately asking for stuff at the LFS and actually getting an importer to listen to them are two different things.

In the last 2 years we've had two importers ask us what we'd like bought in - I've given them my wish list both times (complete with prices that I'm prepared to pay) - one importer even said that I was prepared to pay good prices for the fish I was after - still haven't seen a single one on that list. Admittedly some of them there would be a limited demand for - but I'm sure other people would like to keep little Red-breasted acaras (Laetacara dorsigera).

The new importer doesn't seem to want my LFS's business anyway - I had the LFS enquire last week about one of the expensive plecos they had for sale - but they haven't had anyone there to answer his call.

We've had what were called snowflake bristlenose before - but they just looked like a regular bristlenose with dandruff.

:o Not a nice thing to say about your home town cat nuts Frenhy! :D

You have got the right idea with the Auscat forum though, we have been around a long time, though only moved to the Perth board last year.

Yes, Tammy has some very nice fish, prolly better condition, better size as well as better price.

As for them looking like regular bristles with dandruff tamboe ! :-? I don't think so!!!. Frechy posted a link to one areticle, but just have a quick look at the whole forum and join the other 6,000 odd catfish fanciers from around the world who have enjoyed. http://p204.ezboard.com/fperthcichlidsocietyfrm5

Alan