February 25, 200422 yr comment_14586 I managed to pick myself up 4 Peppermint Catfish, I am just wondering if anyone has breed these & is willing to pass on any tips. Are they any different to breeding Bristle nose"s???? Cheers in advance, Frenchy Report
March 10, 200422 yr comment_15222 Hi Frenchy - saw your lonesome post - I suspect the lack of responses is that no one over this side of the ditch has had experience with these fish. If you could post some over for me I'll have a play with them and report back to you Report
March 10, 200422 yr comment_15261 peppermint....hmmmmmmmmm..........do they taste as good as they sound..........jokin Report
March 29, 200422 yr Author comment_15944 Have a look at this; be hard to get the bristles out of your teeth... http://pub79.ezboard.com/fperthcichlids ... =144.topic Frenchy Report
March 29, 200422 yr comment_15956 How much did you pay for them?? I was told $160 each for peppermints Report
March 29, 200422 yr comment_15960 http://pub79.ezboard.com/fperthcichlidsocietyfrm5.showMessage?topicID=144.topic What a fantastic hit loved it, now in my favs. Thnx herefishiefishie Alan Report
March 30, 200422 yr Author comment_15963 They retail here for $60 each or $100 for 2, at 3 to 5 cm. Bit cheaper if you can knock out the middle man. :roll: Frenchy Report
March 30, 200422 yr Author comment_15964 They retail here for $60 each or $100 for 2, at 3 to 5 cm. Bit cheaper if you can knock out the middle man. :roll: Frenchy Report
March 31, 200422 yr comment_16006 If you posted that twice to make us jealous you needn't have. Just once was enough to make me wish i was in australia. (not for long though) Report
April 29, 200422 yr comment_17016 You shouldn't have trouble getting peppermints in NZ, there are no import restrictions to overcome. Just ask you local importer/LFS and you will no doubt get then a lot cheaper than over here. As for comming to Australia for catfish ???? Get Out !!!! You have access to all those marvelous pleco and whips and things over there that are denied us here. I recently spent AU$3,000 on some albino bristle nose. There are only 4 survivors so that makes $750 ea and only 3cm SL. You can get them for a few bucks ea in NZ. PS. They may not becalled peppermints by the overseas suppliers. Snow flakes or starlights more like it.... Why we call them peppermints here I'm buggered if I know. Alan Report
April 29, 200422 yr comment_17021 Hmmm, I've only seen an albino bristlenose once. I think, and it was somewhere around $150nz Report
April 29, 200422 yr comment_17024 Unfortunately asking for stuff at the LFS and actually getting an importer to listen to them are two different things. In the last 2 years we've had two importers ask us what we'd like bought in - I've given them my wish list both times (complete with prices that I'm prepared to pay) - one importer even said that I was prepared to pay good prices for the fish I was after - still haven't seen a single one on that list. Admittedly some of them there would be a limited demand for - but I'm sure other people would like to keep little Red-breasted acaras (Laetacara dorsigera). The new importer doesn't seem to want my LFS's business anyway - I had the LFS enquire last week about one of the expensive plecos they had for sale - but they haven't had anyone there to answer his call. We've had what were called snowflake bristlenose before - but they just looked like a regular bristlenose with dandruff. Report
April 30, 200422 yr comment_17033 thats them just lamingtons nothing special except the increaced price Report
May 1, 200422 yr Author comment_17078 Sorry for posting twice, gday Alan hows it going?? I have since bought 5 more peppermints of Tammy, better price this time. Frenchy Report
May 1, 200422 yr comment_17080 Not a nice thing to say about your home town cat nuts Frenhy! You have got the right idea with the Auscat forum though, we have been around a long time, though only moved to the Perth board last year. Yes, Tammy has some very nice fish, prolly better condition, better size as well as better price. As for them looking like regular bristles with dandruff tamboe ! :-? I don't think so!!!. Frechy posted a link to one areticle, but just have a quick look at the whole forum and join the other 6,000 odd catfish fanciers from around the world who have enjoyed. http://p204.ezboard.com/fperthcichlidsocietyfrm5 Alan Report
May 3, 200422 yr Author comment_17198 Hello Alan, Kelvin,Winnie,Malcolm, Tammy,yourself.... are the ones I like, its the others that bag catfish,discus,tropicals.... :roll: just its the attitude some have towards non cichlids. :lol: ps; home town, I'm an import Frenchy Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.