Turtle eggs

brishe

We have a large female turtle and a male.

She has laid eggs several times but i never see the whole eggs as they eat them first, however today i found two uneaten eggs that were laid straight into the water.......

is there any thing i can do to hatch them or is it a waste of time.

Any advice would be great thanks.

I have put them in a small container floating at the top of the discus tank at the moment where it is warmer. :)

there is still a good chance they will hatch. half fill the ice cream container with vermiculite or something similar like wood shavings.....etc. spray so its moist then close the lid and place in hot water cupboard.

the reason she's laying in the water is because she doesn't have a proper basking area which they really should be getting.

good luck

there is still a good chance they will hatch. half fill the ice cream container with vermiculite or something similar like wood shavings.....etc. spray so its moist then close the lid and place in hot water cupboard.

the reason she's laying in the water is because she doesn't have a proper basking area which they really should be getting.

good luck

Do i cover the eggs or leave them sitting on top? and also how long will they take to hatch if they are going to??

They do have a basking area, she has been sitting out of the water under the light for the last few weeks and only going in the water occasionally.

I think she laid them over the edge of the shelf and they dropped to the water.

moisten your vermiculite 50/50 by weight with clean cool boiled water,it should clump together when squeezed by hand but not drip water,damp but not wet,if that makes sense?sit them on top half buried and put a damp paper towel over the top,cover with the lid and just float them as you are.Check weekly.if the paper is dry moisten it again,if not leave it till next time,should not need alot if any more moisture in such a place.depending on temp have had them out in 65 days but there is no set time,if they stay nice and white like a mushroom should be good,if they dry up and wither after 2 weeks or so no good.

moisten your vermiculite 50/50 by weight with clean cool boiled water,it should clump together when squeezed by hand but not drip water,damp but not wet,if that makes sense?sit them on top half buried and put a damp paper towel over the top,cover with the lid and just float them as you are.Check weekly.if the paper is dry moisten it again,if not leave it till next time,should not need alot if any more moisture in such a place.depending on temp have had them out in 65 days but there is no set time,if they stay nice and white like a mushroom should be good,if they dry up and wither after 2 weeks or so no good.

perfectly explained, ideally u would have the eggs in the exact same position as it was "set" right after it was laid but i assume its too late now.

eggs cant be rotated after the first blood vessels start to form inside as this tears them and egg dies

have had snakeneck eggs laid in water the previous night and rolled around in tank, taken out and not set in hatching medium until 48 hours later hatch

perfectly explained, ideally u would have the eggs in the exact same position as it was "set" right after it was laid but i assume its too late now.

I did know that, so i kept them in the same position as they were found in the water.