Fishroom time!

evilknieval69

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i moved the killies into their new tanks last night, and this morning i went over to look at some fish shops. ended up at living waters closing down sale(they are shutting the doors tomorrow!! a bit still left so get down there and get some bargains....) anyway, i walked away with 35 metres of quality silicon airline tubing, 2 corner air filter thingys and some airstones, $60 odd worth for $30 odd :D Cleaned out the old killie tank, put the dividers in (not so permanent this time, just split airline down the sides), painted the back and then chucked it into the fishroom beside the other killie tanks.....

FishroomgettingthereSmall.jpg

Excuse the mess :) You can see the airline box to the right of the photo sitting up on the 3 footer.... Got an airstone in each end of the new tank, plus a sponge/box filter in the middle.... Needa get a couple more sponge filters for the ends, then ill be sussed.... I also need a bigger pump to put in my water aging barrel.... the 1200lph one in there atm took about 10 minutes to pump the water 1-2 metres accross the room into this tank :lol:

Oh, i also moved my 120L tank (it was sitting with only a few BN in it) into my new bedroom... its gunna be my African tank, but first i need to transfer the fish from my 50L cube into, then move the cube into my new bedroom aswell, and then put the fish back into it once its cycled (im gunna start it again cos its ugly ATM lol) then i can get the Africans (gunna have coral sand or aragonite on the bottom, and coral rock in it, got them both out int he garage waiting :) i also need a better filter for it, not just sum pussy little cosmo thing :D

EDIT: woops, forgot the picture lol

AfricandisplaytanknewsetupSmall.jpg

Moved the fish from the cube into the 120L last night, and this morning i cleaned out the cube and have set it back up in me new bedroom beside my bed :) I also scored another little tank off a mate this morning for ten bucks. its 370 x 220 x 230, so about 18 litres. will make a cool little killie tank or a little tank for something. I now have 3 divided parts of one tank ready for fish, plus this little one could be setup in a second (i have aged water in barrel, nice and warm :) ) so now i need to get going... Might chuck my bronze corys into somewhere as they are laying eggs everywhere in the large community tank :lol:

I will put osme pics up once things start to look better

Please Rozski, they are not bubba fish, they are FRY :roll:

We had an ongoing thread on this subject somewhere which was very funny :lol:

If you are going to keep fish you must learn the correct terminology - like temperature thingie, sucky thing and greeblies :hail:

:hail::hail: lol Caryl. i cringed when i read it too, and your the first person i thought of :lol:

I chucked another little stand in the corner of the fishroom by the window and put my new 18 litre tank on it. I chucked my WCMM in it. they have been outside on a 20L bucket full of old leaves and stuff. Havent fed them in ages, they are tough little things so thought id better give them a break and put them in the slightly warmer room :lol:

Well its been almost 2 weeks since the fishroom started (ages i know) and things are starting to semi come together.....

Heres a pic as of 5 minutes ago

FishroomSmall.jpg

From the far end tank to the small once you can just see in the bottom right corner, this is whats in each tank.... 1. Breeding pair of kribs, 2. Breeding trio of Bronze corydoras (and hundreds of eggs layed today), 3. 30 odd baby Bristlenose from a spawn ages ago, 4. trio of nothobranchius korthausae yellows, 5. 2 female chocolate australe, 6. 1 male keyhole cichlid and finally 7. my WCMM.... Hope that made sense.....

I just moved all the fish out of the 120L that they were temperarily in, into seperate tanks including a 50L cube tank beside my bed..... Now im gunna go setup the 120L again ready for my Neolamprologus Brichardi which i will hopefully be picking up next weekend if everything goes to plan.... I will hopefully get a pic up tonight of that tank and the Cube.....

So, Still to do:

Get a 4 foot light unit to go over the two 2 foot tanks side by side in the fishroom

setup the 3 footer (which has a lonely male keyholes in it ATM (cos he was getting beaten up by the kribs)) and plant it out etc ready for my Bichir...

Put a small light on the WCMM tank

Get a male Chocolate australe killi and get them breeding!

Get my africans tnak setup and get them in and sorted.....

About then the work semi stops, and i get to enjoy all my fish (12 tanks in our house now, including mums two :lol: )

Wasnt planning to come any time soon lol. whys that? wouldnt mind a trip over one weekend to come see you :D im going to rotorua next weekend with the club.....

BTW, heres some pics i just took

African tank (need to get some more rock in rotorua and pile it up in that corner to cover the filters)

AfricantankstartSmall.jpg

And heres my little cube which is beside my bed, I put those fish in about an hour ago.... theres some baby mollies in the floating trap thingy which will be going soon.....

CubetankstartSmall.jpg

I know that you can see the heater and filter etc, but the plants will grow and cover them, the rock on top of the driftwood is only there to hold it down too, im gunna put some rocks in the rear right hand corner eventually.....

Rogan