Anyone keeping more than one Datnoid in their thank

HaNs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so anyone wanting dats should grab the ones for $50 then. sounds good to me. i gt four already and dont need any more :D but at least people know

Yeh i agree

They where hard to find for sometime and prices where high, thats why i jumped at mine and paid the price

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome!! What kind of pellets, and how big is the dat??

I'm buying a few more this weekend [hopefully!], I've got two small ones together and I think they need some friends so they can sort out a proper pecking order.

Granumeat

Im going to try some other bigger one's soon

Biggest is about 60-70mm

:o My tiny dat who's been hiding behind the filter intake looking scared for days just came charging out thismorning and grabbed a hikari sinking carnivore pellet! He could barely swallow it, and swam around proudly with it hanging out of his mouth for a while before managing to get it down.

Needless to say I'm stoked, and will be stopping the meaty foods for a few days to see if the others catch on.

They also don't grow that fast, I've had my biggest one for over 2.5 years and he's around 9".

You should get a group of 6-8 to grow out for you big tank! :P

I got my ones to grow realy fast by feeding 2 times a day(almost like a oscar). Now i have cut it back so they slow down

How fast did they grow? I just picked up a third one from Origin Aquatics, two of them are a bit on the small side and my two little ornates are starting to look at them like a potential mouthful (even tho they couldn't get them down). I'm worried how the size difference will change over the next few months as the ornates will probably grow faster.