Anyone keeping more than one Datnoid in their thank

HaNs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know HaNs it didn't work out well when I had two in my tank, and I've heard bad things about keeping two in general. Groups of 3+ seem to be fine though, I know a couple people who have three and a lot of people on mfk keep lots together.

Yeh i might get 3 or 4 depending on my funds

How big was your tank?

Aquarium volume calculator

This program works out the volume of your aquarium, and estimates the probable volume after some of the water has been displaced by decor and substrate. To work out how many fish you can keep in your tank use the Stocking density calculator

Results

System type

Dimensions 122 x 91 x 61cm/48" x 36" x 24

Surface area 1.11 sqm/11.95 sq ft/ inches sq in

Volume 676 l./149 gal. (178.58 US gal.)

Probable volume 608 l./134 gal. (161 US gal.)

from pfk

Wow, I was lightly stocked before and now I'm seriously understocked. I never actually worked out the literage myself, my dad did and I just trusted that (It's a fairly simple volume equation...maybe he just got the dimensions wrong?). In actual fact though the tank is 113.5x86x55cm. It's just easier to say 4x3x2. According to my calculations that's 537L...more than 490L, for sure. Thanks for pointing that out guys.

• 4 weeks later...
And they are extremely boisterous! Nailed a cube of bloodworm like there was no tomorrow :lol:

Thats good that they eat bloodworm as my last one wouldn't touch the stuff. Ill be over first thing in the morning to pick them up

• 2 weeks later...

whats the dif between siamees tiger and borneo tiger what i found on net was the amount of stripes told place of orrgin, 7 full bars borneo, 6 bares se aisa and dif between brackish and fresh & that sort of thing. wonder world in rotorua have both but they look the same and the "saimees" are only $50 a bit beta than $100 for the borneos . just wondering :D

whats the dif between siamees tiger and borneo tiger what i found on net was the amount of stripes told place of orrgin, 7 full bars borneo, 6 bares se aisa and dif between brackish and fresh & that sort of thing. wonder world in rotorua have both but they look the same and the "saimees" are only $50 a bit beta than $100 for the borneos . just wondering :D

Correct

Was in rotorua yesterday and the dats they have are looking ok, they look a bit stressed. When they settle down they look so cool.

Rotoruas prices are about the best iv found. I paid more for mine :( They will be able to knock a bit of the price if you ask nicely

Get them and you wont look back lol

I have 2 with 6 bars and 2 with 8 bars