fish for 40Lish tank?

What you have sounds enough for a 40L tank. Bristlenoses grow quite big. Why not get a few more neons or if you want some variation perhaps some glowlight tetras. I have always liked the look of a mixed tank of glowlights and Neons

its one of the bristlnoses that doesnt get more than cuple inches at most..

I'd say you have a common bristlenose, they grow to 6 inches (~15cm) but often stop at around 10-12cm depending on how they're fed. Shouldn't be a problem in a 40L, just make sure you have a small piece of wood in with him (part of their diet).

Guppies might be worth a try too, paticularly if you get some fancy types. There are some amazing colours out there, just gotta find'em.

If you want more fish, I'd be inclined to recommend a new tank :lol: and so it begins..........

I reckon the next step is a 150L 3 footer. Can do lots with those and they're not too big to be a problem.

Slightly Blue Dalmation asked:

Slightly Blue Dalmation

Posted: 27 Jun 2007 11:09 Post subject: fish for 40Lish tank?

HI ive currently got a male betta, bristlenose and 5 neons and wondering what else may be suitable in a 40 or so Litre tank. Was thinking maybe something for lower levels like a couple of corydoras and a small shoal of something for mid level possibly... any ideas much appreciated

Could we get back on topic please.

Sounds like a promotion .. (last eight posts)... for an LFS at the moment.

Sorry guys.

Bill

Mod.