What are you using to sterilise

Johannes Visser

Nothing.. But people have uses Salt and formalin as well having a sterilise bucket and a rinse bucket so you dont put that stuff in your tanks :) Unsure how well it works I have heaps of nets and not many tanks running so dont have disease troubles.

I don't either.

I do leave my buckets outside in the sun to dry out. I hang the gravel vac, tubes & nets on a hook in the yard.

Then again it is a case of what you bring into your tanks. Mine african set up is settled.

I never do anything on the discus tank & african tanks in the same day.

Frenchy :D

Just a clarification this is not about disease!

Was just wondering how others clean there nets, water draining pipes, buckets etc Thought I would make that clear as its seem to be concentrated on diseases and not cleaning.

We have many tanks and nets for each that we place in hot water with salt and then hang out to dry.

Do understand that if some precaution is not taken it could result in a outbreak of some sort. And naturally if you have a situation in a specific tank you would not place the same net into your other tanks unless you only have one

:(

What HFF, don't you leave your nets in the tanks so as the fish aren't scared of them when you plunge them in.

You can also train you livebearers to drop in them, and some smart cichlids will herd their babies into them. :roll: