water test result

jason_sheman

i have changed from a 18l tank (3 month old )to a 34l one.......i use old gravel/filter and put into my new tank. since, i don't have enough room to run 2 tank at the same time...so, i just put my old fish striaight into new tank\

and today i get the test kit from store and the test result is following

ph 7.2

ammonia 0.5ppm

nitrate 10ppm

nitrite 0ppm

i do use "ammo lock" and "stable" when i setup the tank until yesterday i read this forum and found that it's actually not a good product

so, since the ammonia and nitrate is high....should i do a 30% water change daily until it back to zreo??

thx

Although the ammonia is slightly up it's not at a dangerous level. 0 Nitrite is good and 10 Nitrate is probably 'normal'. Test your tap water for Nitrate as well. Depending where you live it could be 5 or 10ppm out of the tap.

I would suggest you just go easy on the feeding to let the ammonia settle down and start doing your normal water changes to keep the nitrate around it's current level.

Bringing the filter and gravel from your old established tank seems to have worked like it should. Just do some water tests every couple of days and make sure the ammonia goes down.

I assume your fish are still happy? Thats the main test ;)

Cheers

Ian

yes....they are happy.....this morning i found that some of them try to jump on top of water...i suspect it's leak of oxygen as ar380 is a tall tank...i went to the local pet shop to buy the test kit and get a external pump for them...they all happy.....

but when i back home from dinner tonite....i found that my heater have problem...now, try to put some hot water bottle for them for tonite\

yes...........how can i remove ammo lock from my tank from now? just remove it bit by bit during water change?

Yes, thats the easy way. Just make sure the ammonia reading (false or otherwise) goes down over time, not up any more.

Cheers

Ian

How many fish you got in there? How big are they?

I have an AR380. I've read that because of the trickle system they're actually quite good at oxygenating the water. If you think about it.. all the water ig going up and out of the tank, then falling back in after going through a couple of layers, each exposed to air.

I would rather suspect the ammonia is new to them and they're just a little irritated and will adjust. Did you use any of the water from the old tank in your new one?

How many fish you got in there? How big are they?

I have an AR380. I've read that because of the trickle system they're actually quite good at oxygenating the water. If you think about it.. all the water ig going up and out of the tank, then falling back in after going through a couple of layers, each exposed to air.

I would rather suspect the ammonia is new to them and they're just a little irritated and will adjust. Did you use any of the water from the old tank in your new one?

i just put all of my old water + new water into my tank...

by the way, i have 17 fishes there....but all of them are very small..guppies, etc...nothing longer than 3cm........cos whewn i have my tank, the pet shop ppl said it should be ok for that no. of fish......but not sure