Removing water marks from tanks

IOU1

Does anyone have any suggestions to remove those watermarks that dry up on tank glass? Some can be removed quite easily but soem seem to be there for good, is there anything that can be done? :-?

Thanks.

lol it happened in my tanks in the fishroom when i wasn't looking after them so well and the lids were overhanging water was dripping down the glass.. I guess cuz it was for africans and was hard/alkaline it would be worse? Who knows but its pretty stubborn thats for sure!

if the marks are whiteish and have been caused by leaving the tanks wet while storeing... maybe with damp paper, then there is little that can be done.

Glass reacts really badly to lime and water has lime/calcium in it. It eats into the glass and distroys the surface.

Glass showers are often found in this condition if you dont squeegy the water off.

Always store glass in very dry conditions and avoid allowing the glass to get wet while stored unless there is room for air to get to it and dry it off... dont store glass up tightly against other glass as the dampness will distroy it

If its not that then a little more of a description please and I may be ably to help

Thanks for all the advice, might try vinegar or something then, it is for a tank cleaning job that has been passed to me. The watermark is reasonably clear but still noticeable if you know what I mean... :oops:

Thanks again for the advice :D