Earthworms..

Milet

Okay i swear that when i was at kindergarton that worms were everywhere...

I spent like an hour the other night in the rain digging around and found none! Does anyone have any good ways to find them? Or a mating call or something?

Also what other bugs do fishies eat? Its to try on my Clown Knife

Ta, Milet

I spent like an hour the other night in the rain digging around and found none! Does anyone have any good ways to find them?

Ta, Milet

Try lifting up rocks, pieces of wood/branches,, sometimes even leaf litter (if you have trees), garden furniture (tip them over), slabs of slate/stones, potplants and you'll usually find part of a tail/head sticking out, basically anything sitting on your grass in your garden, that's been lying there a while.

Haven't tried the jumping up and down one, must try that on the kids, and see how long it keeps them occupied! They love wormhunting in the rain, and are pretty good at it too.

I have 2 fish bins with holes drilled in them covered in some shade cloth. I threw some dirt and food scraps into the bins and added 1kg of worms of trademe....now i have endless worms that i can up in seconds and my fish love me!

I used to place cardboard down on the grass with a brick to keep it in place. In a week the grass has died off and the worms are generally near the surface. With regards to the jumping, (im not that keen on exercise) just pat the ground with your hands constantly, ie; bang bang bang bang bang. For a couple of minutes as that simulates the vibration of rain. Good luck. :wink:

I've got a worm farm.

They eat all of the kitchen scraps, apart from meat, citrus and spicy things. They eat loads and break it down nicely and I always have a massive supply for my birchir and fronts, who love them! I was out there last night and I would estimate that for every square 5cm x 5cm block, there would be about 50 worms in there!!

But according to other hobbiest, the tigers are not as palatable for the fish.

The reason they are appreciated for their hard work is from the production of the side products that are reaped from them.

"Give me a big fat garden worm any time."

Well that's what my uarus said anyway.