DSCF1435.jpg

Sad looking Finger Leather

DSCF1434.jpg

Macro Alge?

DSCF1423.jpg

5mm Skimmer Clearance lol

DSCF1426.jpg

And current FTS.

Currenlty the lot is in a 200L fishbin, hopefully, I get it all cleared into the tank this weekend. I also bought a bunch of ubercheap corals (YAY!)..

Pretty sure that bottom one is an undesireable turf algae that may become a pest.

Hope those corals really were uber cheap, to be frank, they are pretty screwed. The leather may survive.

You said you were coming to see me. Still waiting! if you do, bring the rock with that possible turf algae for an ID. Could save you a ton of trouble down the track.

Well, tank went on the stand last night @ about midnight, had to 1/2 destroy the stand, but oh well.

Time to go to Plumbing World on Wednesday to try and get the sump sorted.

Do I need to bother will a ball valve, or will I be better off just plumbing it in directly?

And, standard PVC piping is sweet?

You have to think about what happens if there is a power cut, cos sooner or later there WILL be a power cut.

If the ball valve is the only thing between you and a flood, it is not reliable. It just takes a little bit of crud on the ball valve and you are screwed.

Not sure just what your design is, but need to make it some way so there will not be a flood, even if the ball valve fails.

Case in point, a few months ago a NZ reefer not only had a flood, but everything in his tank died when his pump shut down, the ball valve didn't work, and his tank drained to within an inch of the bottom.

And now, More Pictures!

Current FTS:

DSCF1465.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

One of my two starfish. Actually thought i'd killed this guy when I dropped a rock on him. Alive, YAY!

DSCF1446.jpg

Feather Duster. (Yeah, in that lighting it does look like an Apstasia, but it has a tube and all... - How do these guys "breed" - I'd love a colony of them :P)

DSCF1444.jpg

All tanks with clownfish need turtles...

DSCF1443.jpg

Awes, hiding!

Plumbing - I'm planning on using flexible PVC to drop the water from the tank down to the sump, and then back up again. The skimmer will be in-sump, with hard piping directly to the other sump. Wherever possible I intend to pack rock to increase the filtration, and to cut down on water changes. I figure i'll have approx. 25KG of LR in the system when its running.

Also, I intend to grow alge in the 2nd sump for further nutrient export, and harvest as required