who has what killies in the south island

marty

• 4 weeks later...

i dont mind travelling down to chch to pick up. the wife will love the excuse to go clothes shopping down there.

im meeting Amazonian this month for the tasman aquarium club agm.

whats the NZKA? is that a website or a club or something?

I am realy only breeding nigeratum and have sent eggs with little success so far. Amazonian comes down regularly and might bring some back for you if you spoke to him nicely.

i did a search for nigeratum killifishes but i couldnt find any information on that type of killifish...what does that fish look like?

It is the New Zealand Killifish Association.

Affiliated to the FNZAS, with a membersip of over thirty killi enthusiasts all over NZ.

We are an email club and don't have meetings as such, but have a good newsletter out monthly.(Or else).

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.

i havent joined the nzka yet as im waiting for the next meeting at the nelson aquarium club. and then i will join the nzka so that it will be cheaper.

i have recently bid on a trio of APHYOSEMION STRIATUM on trademe. the auction closes tomorrow. so hopefully in the new owner of these fish.

my sister recently moved house and gave me her empty 25L tank....perfect for breeding/ raising while the adults are in my main 250l community tank. :D

Hey Rix, how do you figure that it will be cheaper to wait till the Nelson meeting??

If you join the Nelson club that only makes you a member of their club.

BUT

You can join two clubs if you want to.

Years ago, you had to pay an affiliation thru each club you joined and it became a bit rich when you belonged to four as I did then.

So at conference I moved a motion that each member only has to pay one affiliation, no matter how many clubs they belonged to.

It was accepted.

So if you joined the NZKA, it would cost you $15 for registration with the club, and $10 for the FNZAS.

A total of $25.

Then if you wished to join the Nelson club, it would only cost you their subscription over and above the NZKA.

If you hurry and join, you may even get the latest Aquatic World, which is very close to coming out.

If you want more info and a form sent.

Hit me with a PM.

i just thought that it was cheaper if u were in a club first. because the application form says "I am a financial member of the______________________________________________ FNZAS affiliated society, and they will pay a capitation fee on my behalf for 20007 - 2008 financial years."

i guess it works both ways for each club.

thanks for clearing that up. i will send the money through tonight(might not get to the person untill tomorrow night because of banks ways of doing stuff)