What plants are suitable for a native tank?

HaNs

I think there is a native myriophyllum. That's a nice ferny looking plant.

I have a plant called gratiola sexdentata as a marginal plant in my pond which is apparently a native. I have put some in my tank and it's surviving fine submerged. It's got very small leaves in pairs and grows a firm stem so in bunches it looks ok (but not terribly exciting I'm afraid!)

I gave up keeping plants in my native tank. Without any algae eaters (no native ones) they just get covered in algae and go icky and die.

I find it looks so much more natural anyway. Most of our streams don't have plants, which is the habitat I am going for.

However I am cultivating some nice flowing green algae which is spreading in a carpet on my larger rocks and adding some nice green to the look. The long flowing algae gets annoying, grows so fast and gets ratty, but the short stuff makes a lovely lawn :)

Apparently native plants can often be found in garden centres in hte pond section.

Stella

Stella: Am i able to get some of the nice algae off you when i get my tank set up?

I plan on throwing in snails from time to time (maybe full time :roll: ) to keep my tank clean. I will have 300w of metal halide goodness for my 220L tank so i am going to attempt a planted native