Curious turtles..

nick777

I had the cf1200 set up yesterday in my 3ft tank with water flowing out from spraybar to the back glass of the tank, which created a waterfall sort of effect. My year-old turtles watched me while I installed the bits & pieces. :)

They panicked at first when water started BLOWING and raced to the other side of the tank :o .... but soon out of curiousity, they swam back to the "waterfall" to check out what's going on...I think they've never seen bubbles, they started to bite the little bubbles the water flow has created in the water and managed to snap one or two.

It was just so funny seeing them going at the bubbles and left with heaps of tiny bubbles on their cheek and neck...which they tried to scrap off with their claws :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys got any funny little moments of your turtles?

• 1 month later...

Sounds great. My 23 yr old loves to get a "massage" from the bubbles and will spend ages under a running tap or near any bubbling water.

Just checking you have a cover on the heater....I learned all to late how easily turtles can break the glass, coming home to find an unconscious, near dead turtle with a huge grey mush where there should have been an eye.Took months of rehab, but now shes a perfectly happy one eyed cantabrian! Cheers