"Fancy Catfish"

markoshark

I'm looking for cheap fancy / interesting catfish.

The cooler the better. I've figured that they will work better in my oddball tank than any other fish will, as they are bigger.

- Chocolate Talking Cat (Got)

- Syno Zambezensis / Hemisynodontis Membranaceus (Also Got)

When i say cheap, i mean that i'm NOT looking for any of the "fancy" plecs, but if they are very cool, i'll have to look into it. Also, with the Synodontis catfish, do they have any territory issues at all?

with regards to Synodontis, I've got a vermiculated, two decorated and a zambezensis/membranaceus, all in the same tank, and they don't show any sort of teritorial behaviours. They may be VERY mildly defensive of their respective hidey-holes but not overly-so. Maybe mine are just well-behaved though lol.

i have a 4ft and am looking at doing the same sort of thing but with an elephant nose instead of a birchir. that rules me out of syno's i think because i think they would be too hyper! I was thinking perhaps some large tetras would be cool, Makoshark i dunno if they would be eaten when the BGK got bigger- Congo tetras or something similar. What other catfish would work in a tank with the other fish anyone know?