gold nugget pleco

tukituki

some plecs are real expensive, but i was under the impression that the gold nugget wasn't that much... probably just being blonde...

Ring around your LFS and get some prices

Have a look at the red spot plecos - they're cute :D

hey,

i was in a local pet shop today and saw an awesome fish like this...

i believe it was a gold nugget pleco (i didn't write down the name!), it was $130, is that a crazy price?

if it is where else might i get one a bit cheaper?

thanks heaps.

Thats a pretty good price for a gold nugget. If you're a member of a local aquarium club you could ask them for a club discount. Some shops offer discounts to club members. There's three main gold nugget species and they grow pretty large. Awesome fish though.

How big is it? Probably has a bearing on the price.

Be aware that they do grow to a foot long so make sure you have space ;)

They are neat, but a bit expensive for my liking. :roll: If you just want a nice pleco look out for a L001 gold spot. Not as pretty as that one, but I got mine locally for ~$16. I dont think the L18s are bred commercially yet, thats got to make them expensive wild caught fish.

Cheers

Ian

I have seen the one you are speaking of tukituki, is it the one they have just written down as just "Gold Pleco" on the front of the tank? I do note tho that there is no wood or anything in the tank when we were there. Pretty sure the fish has also been there for a wee while now. Have mentioned a few things but no change :roll: The ones that came from the same lot from wholesaler would work out to be around the $170 mark.. so $130 is a reasonable price considering. Do take note tho that it did look to me like it needed a good feed up and definately they require a good source of wood.

If you are wanting to join the Hawkes Bay Aquarium Society then flick me a PM and I will put you onto the right contact :D

yeah there was no wood today! you'd think being vets they'd know. my catfish have a good few pieces of bogwood.

i thought he was a bumblebee catfish (in my ignorance) and was $16, i asked to make sure i wasn't about to buy a $130 and was informed what he was!!!

yep great pleco !!

got one of these lookng for a mate ..just a soon as i sex the one ive got

they do grow large like a strong current thou not essential good water quality and heaps of veges ,like courgette (mine polishes off a 1/2 courgette overnight) they can be territorial with other plecos esp their own and some catfish high temp of around 29 celcius

$130 is a good price payed 160 for mine but its a really nice specimen

very popular fish all over the world

one day hope to breed them :D