L226 have bred with new pics

mr pleco

yep awesome thanks hans still have about twenty or so well i can count around 15 at a time but im sure theres more the parents went into spawning again last week but didnt quite pull it off ( no eggs ) think it might be the babies coz they were in the cave and all over the place reckon they are around 2 inches in size now so thinking bout seperating them from the parents so i can hopefully respawn the adults

• 1 month later...

Looks like mine finally got a batch out. Here's a couple pics of the youngster that bravely ventured out to give me a very special surprise :)

Day1profileview.jpg

Day1dorsalview.jpg

The small fish in the pic is a leopard danio fry. There's heaps of them in the tank with the L226s.

They started spawning after the cold water triggers and starvation periods i started doing months ago. they've been keen since and constantly trying but the main difference this time was the use of a rock to elevate the mouth of the cave and prevent eggs from accidentally being "kicked out" which seems to have done the trick.

There's a few heads poking around in there with dad but i haven't seen any others out of the cave yet.

Swapping fry sounds like an excellent idea. Great suggestion.