Jacobs...

Afrikan

Recently got some Jacobfreibergi Peacocks... and fed out today only to see one not going for food... Hells teeth... one not well? :o So after having a close look.. nope... I have a female holding! :D Can't wait to raise these little nippers... they are a beautiful peacock to, glad I made some space for another species.

Who else got some of these recently?

You want to see some of my "Blurs"? I have only ever really fluked the odd good pic :lol: I have a Panasonic 4.0 digital camera and it's not the best, however neither is the photographer (me) :lol: I actually almost had a tantrum with trying to photograph my JD's the other day.. something is up with the zoom, as soon as I zoom in the whole pic focus goes blurry and when picture is taken it's a blur.

Hubby and I are looking at camera shopping, we were actually discussing it today... might have to purchase something like Billaneys :)

Hi Mekhaela. sounds like your tanks are like a baby factory at present. :lol: Which variant of Aulonocara jacobfreibergi do you have. Ive got a couple of males and females as well however Im waiting for clarifiaction on species. They look very similar to the "Undu Reef" variant.

Would be interested in your thoughts

Well I got some baenschi, jacobs and marble peacocks and I now have 8 baenschi fry - about 10 days since spawning, haven't had them that long, i hope they were in with baenschi males?

Congrats mekhaela!! :)

One or 2 of my jacobs aren't eating either, might have to check them out :)

BTW Alex I think they are otter points?

Hi Alex :) Yeah, they all seem to be doing their thing lately :lol: This lot that recently came in, came in with no listed variant, just straight Jacobfreibergi. My dominant male is colouring nicely. Certainly at this stage looks different to the ones that I saw in pic of OOA's.

Dan - What do you mean you hope she was in with Baenschi males, was she carrying when she was sent through with your order? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the first female spat today and the fry look nice and healthy :D One was doing spirals tho, tail hadn't quite formed properly. But mum is back recouping and fry munching down on brineshrimp. Hoping to get some nice pics of the dominant male this week, he's lovely :D

:bounce: