Lamprologus brichardi

bOi

does anyone have them for sale here in chch? or anywhere nearer than welly. There is a few in Welly (on TM). But would love to get my hands on some. :)

Planning on a lake tang setup which involves frontosa's

:wink:

p/s: posted it on cichlid section as just wanting to get info, hence not in the buy/sell section. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Hi boi

I got 2 of these for cycling my tank before adding my frontosas thinking maybe I can leave them in there with my fronts but found them quite territorial aggressive towards the fronts so got rid of them back to the shop

Maybe I just had 2 nasty ones who knows

Suggestion only / Be very careful with the fish you chose to put in with the fronts they are quite laid back fish compared to some of the other tang cichlids

I now have 2 altolamprologus comprececeps with my Fronts neat fish hard to get but seem to be very compatible they are quite small but stand there ground with the larger fronts defensive only.

And I’m sure others here have suggestions in regards to other fish

Anyway good luck with your setup

I have Neolamp brichardis in with my Frons, however they are coming out... as I am thinning out my adult pairs... not that they have really cut up nasty in regards to damaging other fish etc but I think the Frons could do without their hassle really to be honest. Brichardis are very good with their own, in the wild they live in massive colonies and when a pair decide to split off they will find an area to breed in and defend the area and babies fiercely... then once babies are old enough etc they all move back to the big colony... They make wonderful parents, and are great to each other, however, I am taking my Brichardi out exactly for the same reasons that cichfanatic said. I think keeping only one in the tank would be fine or possibly 2 of the same sex, however, having 2 or more of the opposite sexes would be asking for trouble.

Neolamprologus plucher's (aka Daffodil) are much better I think, not quite as nasty as bric's and they look just as nice if not nicer;

daffodil.jpg

They have the same prenatal care habits but like I said they aren't quite as snappy... Saying that, they are when (not if - they are like rabbits!) they breed so like cichfanatic and afrikan said I wouldn't keep them with my fronts either...

I've got some Julido's (marlieri) with my Fronts at the mo and they seem to get on fine if you do want to have tank mates with them;

jmarlieri.jpg

Either way though, when cichlids breed, WATCH OUT OTHER FISH!