Air in my filter???

meesheelly

Hey guys

For the past couple of days my canister filter has started discharging a burst of air bubbles every minute or so.

Its still working, and there is no air in the tubes.

I thought it was jsut getting rid of some that may have been trapped but i think it may be sucking air in from somewhere???

Any ideas?

Quick fix hey! Don't you love those. Took me ages to figure out that I had my intake tube too close to the air bubble hose ! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Lady, but thats really funny! Dont you hate it when you do things like that??

Just to prove we are all human I installed a DVS over the weekend, Read the installation instruction - :o yeah shocking eh!! - they said place vents as far appart as possible. So i did. I got them 8meters apart...One in the living room one in the hall by the bedrooms... was feeling really clever till i realised i only had 2x 3m lenghts of ducting !! :evil:

ME TOO!! :evil:

I have one that leaks water real badly, tried the washers and vaseline trick. Thanks to Wet Pets in Palmerston North for the free-bees.

Looks like it may be a bit of Kiwi inginuity for this one.

Didn't even get the drip tray with this unit so was using a bucket, that would fill over-night.

Leaking from??

The taps, you guessed it. :evil:

Is it a cf 1200 filter - my cf had a small split in the tap when I purchased it. A lot of these have come out with the problem. Contacted pet planet and they sent me replacement taps. If it is and yours is new its worth asking the shop to give you a replacement. If its the tap and its not new and its a cf1200 I have a spare tap I can put in the post to you if you pm your details to me.

there has been a fault in the last batch of cf1200s that came in. If you can't find the receipt and the shop doesn't come to the party - if you got it very recently they should remember you - I'll send my spare to you. Just put it on the intake, thats all I had to do hence the spare.

Hi Meeshelly

I had the same "leaky-tap" problem with my CF1200. I have heard of too many of these for it to be a coincidence. I bought mine from John at Organism, of course he replaced the taps in a flash as you would expect from CHCH's premier LFS. Get new taps, don't use a stop-gap measure like vaseline. I'm sure you will get a positve response from the folk you bought it from!

Regards, TGWH