Best water treatment?

Rozski

Hey all, I'm in Palmy and usually catch rainwater for my tank, but am a bit low (ie NONE) at the moment as my water catcher bucket fell over while I was away.

I used to use the water provided at wet pets, but travelling over to that side of town regularly is too much of a hassle.

I know there are the tap water treaters, but just wanted an opinion on which was the best to use, like Aqua Plus or another brand?

Good ole dodgy Palmy water... :roll:

Thanks! :D

If chlorine is your main worry (usually is with tap water) then letting it sit in your rainwater bucket for a couple of days will let all the chlorine evaporate.

The water conditioners will also treat some other chemicals, but chlorine is the main problem. The water treatments will take out the chlorine instantly, but the old fashioned way of letting it sit works too.

Cheers

Ian

Yeah I think it is Chlorine here, as its tap water. Not sure what else is in it. Like I said, the town water here is pretty gross in general. We are lucky enough to be on bore water at home in Hawkes Bay

Meant to chuck a bucket of water outside last night, will go do so now and see if I can dig out my old airstone to put in it too.

And hey African :D They don't officially charge, theres a tap outside and they ask that you pay them a dollar for a fillup (like 20 litres I guess). If no-one paid they'd stop offering I guess, its just an honesty thing. And if you had lots of tanks, the transport would be a lot of hassle! I hate to think of the litres you go through for a water change :wink:

Thanks for the help, spose I better get off my butt and fill up a bucket for tomorrow

lol, yeah its honesty in the part that you don't drive in, fill up your container and drive away :wink:

Didn't know they had an RO unit though, just thought filters, which is what that is anyway I suppose. Their waters pH is quite high though

I want to get out to wet pets again, haven't been in a while. Need me a new male dwarf gourami. My boy became S shaped at Christmas and never straightened out again, was very strange, he wouldn't die, but looked more sickly than usual just before Easter so I knocked him off. My female is scooting around looking fat. My boy never bubble nested either, I have suspiscious of him being gay :wink: That reminds me, need to start a thread on that...

Ahh then maybe they don't have their RO water on offer? I just know that they had said they run "their" water through an RO.. They had said that the Palmy water was great for Africans :lol:

:lol: :lol: Rozski.. seeking non gay Gourami who can give the goods.. :lol: