Boris the Arowana's new treats (Details Not so Graphic now )

sharronpaul

Already dead taken of the cats. Any lizard that could be saved was. Currently have 6 baby lizards birthed from a injured lizard that the cat bought in, will release them in spring to give a better chance of survival. Mum lizard fit and well and tail nearly grown back.

hi guy's,

you should feed them pinkies,almost new-borns. keep feeding furry mice will soon pollute your tank,as the aro can't digest it properly.

most silvers usually go in one eye only,unless kept long-time in glass bottom tank.when working in the importing of these fish they would come in fine eyes straight as a dye,6wks in quareentine,glass bottom tanks and the fish always looking at himself in the reflection of bottom and their eye would start to drop.

high protein fatty foods and too much of builds up fatty deposits behind the eyes.

jardini's are prone for gill curl, cause is bad management of water.

jardini and asians don't seem to be affected by drop-eye,prolly because they will feed at all levels in the water and above, silvers are almost always feeding from above surface,snatching insects etc from the air.

i think the biggest challenge with these fish ie asain,jardini,silver,black is keeping their feeding to a min(as in the wild these fish might only feed 1-2 aweek)2-3 times aweek,keep a close eye on their water conditions eg 6.8-6.0 water soft,remove all rotting plant matter asap,these fish hate nitrates. they really are 1 fish per tank and no mates if ya wanna keep them 100% .

i have owned two asains, a black,a jardini and 3 silvers all got to xL in size. out of the silvers my first and second got drop-eye,third time was lucky or should i say the fish was lucky.

my jardini killed my black after living happy together for nearly two years.

a mate has my asain of which thanks to internet cam i get to see him now and then, he is doing great,the other asain is back at redwoods hopefully doing well.

shell

they really are 1 fish per tank and no mates if ya wanna keep them 100%

I don't really agree with that, I had my black in a 5'x2'x2' tank for over two years with a school of CL's, uaru's, syno's, silver dollers and it was one of the best looking aro's I've ever seen (if I may say so myself :lol: ). I think blacks are a bit more laid back than silvers, and definatly a lot more than jardini.