neon yellow panachax

bamweevil

hi

i have done something i dont normally do and brought a fish well 4 actully of this breed for my tank. i have been trying to find more info on the net but are not coming up with anything are they also knowing by another name. They were suggested for my tank by a salesperson because i was looking for something for the mid to upper layer of my tank. I am really kicking myself because i didnt even ask simple questions such as temp and lenght of this fish i have found the yellow panachax lenght to be 4inches is this the same fish? Tank mates are a firemouth and 2 kribs yes i know this mix is not good but they are refuges from my daughters tank and are not having any troubale. question is do the panachax mixs with this group. Or have i goof up

thank you very much for your help

no mine are that yellow at all, to tell the truth there is very little yellow on them at the moment maybe it is my lighting but they look more metallic blue. In the shop i did not noticed the blue they seem to react with the lighting to show colours. The colours seems mainly on fins, apart from that colouring is very similar to a female guppy

Have they got a black spot on their dorsal?

If so those are prolly Blue Panchax

Those gold ones pictured above are Aplocheilus Lineatus, and the "tiger" ones are the natural colours, referred to as Striped lineatus, not tiger.

sorry I put this in the wrong place, I didnt realise they were killies. The blue look was a trick off light they have since more out from the back of the tank and now definitly look yellow on the fins with red edging. The body still look very similar to a females guppys in colouring. Will try and get a decent photo to post

thanks for the help

• 2 months later...