PLant selection and design time.

Brianemone

OK, so i need to get serious about choosing the plants that i want in the final tank scape.

I'm going to have a lawn effect but can't decide if i want harigrass or the broader type grass looking plant (i'm pretty bad with plant names)

CHeck out this tank, it probably the most effective use of lawnage ever. Im guessing this is non dwarf hairgrass???

Also does anyone know the name of the long slender leaved plant that is by the wood? It looks almost crypt like

Use hairgrass, its awesome once it forms a big carpet. for example check out antwans old tank

so what is the scientific name for this? or does anyone have any that they would sell/swap

one of the lfs has "hairgrass" but isnt the same as what antwan had.

so what is the scientific name for this? or does anyone have any that they would sell/swap

one of the lfs has "hairgrass" but isnt the same as what antwan had.

dwarf hairgrass = Eleocharis parvula

normal = Eleocharis acicularis

I think it is around but I haven't seen it for a while. There have been people on here looking for it and I am not sure if they have had any success.

nope, yet to find any and always on the look out. must be goin into the 3rd year since i been looking and i buy from anyone that thinks they got it but never is. they were differently around so still a chance its out there.

dwarf hairgrass = Eleocharis parvula

normal = Eleocharis acicularis

nope, yet to find any and always on the look out. must be goin into the 3rd year since i been looking and i buy from anyone that thinks they got it but never is. they were differently around so still a chance its out there.

Parvula looks like a winner.

I personally think tenellus tenellus would look better than the tall hair grass. I haven't seen the short stuff in years. I had a bit hear that came with another plant and I ended up throwing it out as it grew to about 150mm. Sagittaria microfolia would be even shorter at 25-30mm