Hi everyone, I just joined today!

phyrestaata

I recently got myself an aquarium, have just started with tropicals in the last few months. I have a pearl gorami, 4 rainbows, 2 clown loaches, 1 siamese fighter, 1 flame dwarf gorami, a peppered cory and a borneo sucker. My fighter is definatly the boss of the tank at the moment and also my favorite fish.

I used to keep fish up to 6 years ago. My set-up then was quite extensive; including a large cichlid tank for oscars, a 5 footer community setup and about 5-6 36" and 24" tanks for breeding (White clouds, Axolotls, fancy goldfish, and various others. etc etc..) and also a few ponds dug into the backyard for shubunkins, comets and turtles. but as I have't been in a position to keep fish for the last 6 years I have found that I have forgotten a lot. Also there are many new species available that I would like to learn about

I am really excited about getting a new aquarium at this point as I realise just how much I loved keeping and raising fish.

I am glad I found this site as I am sure I will be able to learn a lot and refresh my memory on a lot of things as well.

so I will probably talk to many of you and pick your brains if you don't mind

Welcome to The Fishroom phyrestaata. Fish keeping is one of those hobbies you can pick up again after a few year's absence and there are new fishes and new ideas to check up on. Always something to learn. Hope you enjoy it here.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is great here to be able to read comments and discuss problems that arise, I don't know anyone in Auckland who has fish and it is great to talk to other hobbyists. I used to belong to the fish club in wellington years ago.

what a wonderful thing to internet is.

my fish are great, I just bought two tiny weenie marble angels today from Jansens cos I felt sorry for them, they have been there for so many weeks and they havent grown at all. they are really nice little guys and I hope they do well with my other fish who are all so much bigger than them