glass prices

the base of my six foot tank is broken I'd like to know the price of a piece

of glass 1800mm by 500mm about 10mm thick and where i could

get it

I could use a bit of tankmans 20000 litre :o

well thats very helpful yes i can wait as long as i have to im in no hurry

the tank thats broken was smashed when i got it i picked up of the side of the road for $0 :D the guy jus gave it to me

its sitting in the garage just waiting to be fixed

If you are not in a hurry I would take the old bottom off and replace it rather than patch it. It is a bit more tricky with 10 mm as it has less flex than the thinner glass but would be worth it. Use a one sided razor blade and work it between the two bits of glass. It is a bit of a mission but will make a better job. Clean off all the RTV including about 50mm up the corners and clean with meths.

Easier to smash the entire pane and replace the whole bottom. There will be bracing that will have to be replaced, just put it in exactly the same as the original. The bottom pane of glass floats under the sides so is a relatively easy fix. Know any tank makers in your area? I'm learning heaps from Peter at Port Nicholson Glass. He just cancelled an auckland trip but will no doubt head that way again soon.