March Meeting of Christchurch Totally Tanked

Loopy

Time for the next meeting!

Saturday March 3rd, 5.00pm at 57A Hoon Hay road.

Please bring a plate for a barbecue tea.

Everyone is welcome of course.

I am quite dissappointed in the turn out for the February meeting so i hope that this month will be better.

My undying gratitude to the couple who did turn up to the last meeting. *THANK YOU!*

We need more people like you to make this work.

Come on folks! It is a lovely summer and what can be better than relaxing on a Saturday evening chatting to others about all matters regarding fish and having a good old barbecue??!!

I don't want any excuses!! If you all want a fish club down here in Christchurch then you had better show your support for one!!! :P You have been told!!!

I expect to see you all here this month!

I handed out fliers for our November meeting last year and learnt that Animates have a policy against putting up fliers promoting anything except themselves and their products. Another store has not been very enthusastic in supporting us at all even though i think it is in both our best interests. I am however very grateful to Redwood Aquatics and Critter Kingdom for being encouraging and supportive towards us.

I am slowly working on getting fresh fliers printed and distributed to all stores at the moment, whether they go up in the store where the public can see them is anothere thing though. For the November meeting i visited every pet store in Chch (about 10 stores) and i only saw 3 fliers get displayed so they could be seen. Bit disappointing really.

Generally speaking I have found shops not so keen to put up club posters. They are aware many clubs breed, sell and swap fish and plants among themselves so doing the shops out of businaess. The chain stores all have policies like Animates. There are exceptions of course :wink:

You only found 10 lfs in ChCh? There used to be at least 15.

Sorry for the late reply. Sharon is working two jobs and she doesn't get time to update as much as she used to. Bring anything you fancy, we always have room for more fish :D If the liquid refreshment isn't really compatible with the fish we advise you BYO.

Also please remember that this is the forming of a club. We need the numbers to regularly attend as best individuals can. Also suggestions are always welcome.

Hope to see you all there

Mr Totally Loopy

meeting went much better this time!

We had Fluffypants and carsnkats come along with partners and families.

I hope everyone enjoyed meeting each other. I certainly did!

Most of the chatter was just introductions and i think the line of the night was something like "we started into this hobby with a goldfish..."

Looking forward to next month.

Did you know there is a minimum of 35 Christchurch FNZAS forum members?

• 2 weeks later...