new cichlids (edit)

chickiejo

Hi all, I got my first cichlids just settled them in. I got a electirc yellow and a blue with kinda black stripes, they are so beautiful i will post pics soon as ive done up my tank quite abit compared to what it was before i mite post a pic in full tank i mean my tanks not as fantastic as a lot of you way more experienced but see what you think. :bounce: :bounce: :P:P

If anyone can answer this would be greatful, i brought a product called brooklands pet products called sinking crumbles any good for the chillards aparantly the plecos like them and the lady n our local pet shop recomended them but i wanted to be sure before i put them in.

K so the cichlids like spirulina aswell? um the mix seems to be a pleco mix i rang the lady at the shop cause it dosnt say whats in the ingrediants she said it is a tropical fish mix that a guy local to me recomended aparently he uses it for his plecos and other tropical BUT couldnt tell me what the ingerdiants is, all i can describe it as is black crumble and smelly. Ill have a look on the net to see if i can find anything about it. :-?

Ok ok chickiejo :D Good Luck in finding the info! Keep us posted.. someone on the forums may already use it aswell??

GZ Loach - Cichlids will eat almost anything as they are generally greedy... especially Africans :roll: , however, some require certain things in their diet.. and some can do without certain things aswell...

Is that the same stuf as Brooklands fish crumble?

i have used this and found my africans love them, also a large pleco

but now i have discus and they dont seem very interested in it at all

i agree with it being smell, to me it smells like some sort of fish meal

anyway, thats my two cents worth :wink: