Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yellowing Hygro

Featured Replies

Hi All,

I've come across a curious problem. My hygro is going yellow and dropping more leaves than normal.

On the other hand, my Twisted Val and Tiger Lotus are growing really well, lots of new shoots and leaves.

Which leaves me a little stumped... Hygro's supposed to be pretty hardy - I've normally had to cull it to stop it taking over the tank.

I've put substrate in with me gravel to give my plants some life, but I don't have CO2 or fertilizer in there (not wanting to get too expensive).

I've got the lights on just over 12 hours per day. Tank parameters are perfect, except the pH is a little high, but consistently so. I did have a wee algae infestation a while ago, but that has resolved thanks to a new GBA. Could the algae have killed off the leaves it was previously on?

Any ideas? Help much appreciated

Cheers L

at the moment i just use a cheap thats $2 a bottle, its jbl. its for 200l.

also some co2 would help you could make a diy co2?

  • Author

So it's not the lighting then - how can I tell if my lights need changing or are not strong enough? Thanks in advance

  • Author

I've got an AR980, so about 220L give or take, and it's got 2 x3 ft bulbs from the LFS (they're those standard gro ones and one's better than the other, it's got a red tint) and a smaller odd-sized one, perhaps 2 1/2 feet (?). It got the original bulb in it (I got the tank second hand.

I've fertilised today, so fingers crossed that helps some.

Thanks L

i have a ar980 that is quite heavly planted too, i have a co2 setup running on it and also got good tubes for it and also added an extra 30w tube under the lid were you feed and the plnats grow crazy!

  • Author

So generally the lighting isn't sufficient? Mine's about 2/3 planted. I went to bunnings to get new bulbs yesterday but now they don't sell 3ft anymore! SOG next time, I guess

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.