Yellowing Hygro

AL008

Hi All,

I've come across a curious problem. My hygro is going yellow and dropping more leaves than normal.

On the other hand, my Twisted Val and Tiger Lotus are growing really well, lots of new shoots and leaves.

Which leaves me a little stumped... Hygro's supposed to be pretty hardy - I've normally had to cull it to stop it taking over the tank.

I've put substrate in with me gravel to give my plants some life, but I don't have CO2 or fertilizer in there (not wanting to get too expensive).

I've got the lights on just over 12 hours per day. Tank parameters are perfect, except the pH is a little high, but consistently so. I did have a wee algae infestation a while ago, but that has resolved thanks to a new GBA. Could the algae have killed off the leaves it was previously on?

Any ideas? Help much appreciated

Cheers L

I've got an AR980, so about 220L give or take, and it's got 2 x3 ft bulbs from the LFS (they're those standard gro ones and one's better than the other, it's got a red tint) and a smaller odd-sized one, perhaps 2 1/2 feet (?). It got the original bulb in it (I got the tank second hand.

I've fertilised today, so fingers crossed that helps some.

Thanks L