New CF1200 Leaking!!!! help please

supasi

the inlet tap is leaking at a rate of 2 dros per second, (quite alot)

first time connection and having read previous filter threads to caution not to over tighten etc.

the water is coming out of the tap valve(not connection to hose or filter)\\

has anyone elses done this, how do i fix it???? :o:o:o:cry::cry:

the other prob is parts, where do i get them if i need to replace anything.

no shop sell them in my area and i purchased of trade me from a place in chch( a long way from me)

please help, thanks in advance ppl

I had this exact same problem with my CF1200 a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be a common problem as i've read several other people having this problem. In the end i had to replace the tap. I bought a tap from Redwood Aquatics here in Christchurch, price for two taps is $12. You can order from www.redwoodaquatics.co.nz.

They also informed me that if they didnt have any in stock it takes a couple of days to get them ( local supplier somewhere up north) .. So you should be able to get any store to order them. They are called a "Tap Set" and you want the taps for the cf1200/1000. Make sur eyou DONT get the taps for the CF700/500 as they are smaller and wont fit.

Hi All.

A BIT OF USELESS INFORMATION: :roll:

AQUAONE WAS A "CHINESE COPY" OF THE ORIGINAL "VIA AQUA" CANNISTER FILTERS THAT WERE MADE IN ITALY, AND A DAMNED EXCELLENT UNIT IT WAS TOO.

Kong's of Australia took the name "AQUA" for their products and had the "AQUA ONE" produced.

They are now made to a target price for Kongs; (an example), an Aqua One 650 Professional has a price of $18.50 US which Kongs pay for the unit.

The Point is:.....At that sort of "Target Price" the quality of the materials drops as do a lot of other qualities.

The AQUA ONE and VIA AQUA ARE IDENTICAL UNITS NOW, AND "ALL PARTS" ARE INTERCHANGEABLE.