whats happened

tel

visited 2 LFS today with my 5 year old. 1 seems to have made a fresh commitment to marines and should look great given some time :)

the other looks like something awry is going on...5 year olds comment..."disgusting" :cry:

whats that about?

Pretty easy answer,

Why sink money into a product that makes no money and has been declining rapidly in retail over the past two years.

If current trend continues you won’t see any marines. Maybe retail needs more competition? Not

Many hobbyists have tunnel vision and just want cheap. Reality is that Retailers are not making big margins and many would be lucky to break even on marines.

If you want marines then support your local marine store or in the near future no lfs will be holding any marine stock.

Prices are what they are and will continue to go up as we have no control over airfreight and MAF costs. Like most things prices rises due to inflation.

that answer doesnt ring true when each shop is at the opposite end of the spectrum. i do spend alot of money in retail and direct as you yourself well know and am happy enough with the prices or i wouldnt have bought the items.

im talking about standards of care and well being that a 5 year old can identify. if not having a profitable margin on livestock can justify low standard of care then the offenders should get out of the business and leave it to people that can do it.

As you mentioned maybe they are getting out of business and leaving it to people that can do it.

I know a few stores need to upgrade as they have not for many years ,however if you cant recover the cost then things dont get upgraded and stock seems to suffer at the end of the day.